HOPE Bear Project
If you’re bursting to use your creativity in a way that will change someone’s life by creating hope and healing in a child or young person who has been sexually abused, then we have just the project for you.
You can contribute in such a positive way by making ‘HOPE’ our Crisis and Comfort Care Packs bear. So many of you have asked us how you can help, you mentioned that you wanted to be able to give a little of yourselves in order to help make a difference in at least one of these children’s lives, and so HOPE the Bear was created.
After many conversations with CASA we would initially like to make 1000 HOPE bears to distribute amongst the 15 CASA centres that we support throughout Victoria.
Time to have some fun! Here’s what you need to get started:
- Download HOPE Bear Pattern
- 1mtr of 112cm wide fabric will to make 2 medium bears and 2 small bears.
or 0.5mtrs of 148cm wide polar fleece will make 2 medium bears and 2 small bears.
- 60cm of 15mm wide double satin ribbon for bow (per bear)
- Small bag of Hobby Fill
- 12mm Plastic Screw on Eyes – Large Bear or 9mm Plastic Screw on Eyes – Small Bear
- Cotton to match colour of fabric
- Lots of patience and most of all Love
Once you’ve completed your bear, send HOPE to us at PO Box 224, Doncaster, Vic, 3108, and we will ensure that it is delivered to a child or young person that needs a bear made with lots of love to help them on their journey to healing.
It all starts with HOPE.